The London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony officially marked the start of the Games. The title of the Ceremony is “Isles of Wonder”, inspired by Shakespeare’s The Tempest, and included parades from competing nations, the entrance of the Olympic Flame and the Receiving of the Head of State Ceremony where Her Majesty the Queen was greeted by Jacques Rogge president of the International Organising Committee of the Olympic Games.
Today Panasonic the Official Worldwide Audio Visual Sponsor of the Olympic Games, has proudly announced it will be providing the very latest ultra bright projection technology to light up the Opening Ceremony1 with incredible images,vivid colours and high resolution detail. The new Panasonic twenty thousand lumens brightness PT- DZ21K Series projectors use 3-Chip DLPTM technology to generate previously unsurpassed levels of projector brightness from Panasonic and are rich in features making them extremely versatile for a range of uses. Their world leading form factor makes them the lightest and most energy efficient 20K lumens projector developed. Simple to install in restrictive areas, with a relatively low power consumption of approximately 2,300 watts and with a geometric adjustment function that allows projected images to be shaped enabling them to be ‘wrapped’ to specially shaped screens and complex surfaces.
It remains to be seen exactly how the Panasonic projectors will be used as part of the Opening Ceremony but with less that 100 days to go, it won’t be long before the world will find out.
Panasonic will provide PT-DZ21K and PT-DS20K 20,000 lumens brightness WUXGA (1,920 × 1,200) and SXGA+ (1,400 × 1,050) projectors for use in the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony
20,000 lumens brightness measured with ISO 21118 compliancy
WUXGA (1,920 × 1,200)
SXGA+ (1,400 × 1,050)
High Reliability and Low TCO with Easy Maintenance
- Up to 2,000-hour lamp replacement cycle.
- The four-lamp system allows the projector to keep working even if a lamp should fail.
- The Lamp Relay mode also operates the lamps alternately to enable 24/7 projection. Four, three, two and one lamp modes can be used.
- Environment-friendly, low power consumption of 2,300 W.
- Easy lamp replacement from the rear.
- Newly developed optical engine and liquid cooling system minimize the hassle of maintenance.
- Liquid cooling system allows use in ambient temperatures from 0 °C to 45 °C
(from 32 °F to 113 °F) with a compact body and quiet operation.
- A dust-resistant cabinet and new, reusable “Eco Filter” that needs no replacement for 12,000 hours protect optical components from dust.
- Optional Smoke Cut Filter ET-SFD510 available.
Splendid Image from a Compact Body
- Panasonic’s unique quad-lamp system, with its new high-power lamps, has helped to make the body extremely compact while providing an astounding 20,000 lm 6 of brightness.
- Compact size, light weight and low operating noise let the PT-DZ21K Series suit more applications.
- The new dynamic iris achieves a high contrast ratio of 10,000:1.
- Detail Clarity Processor 3 brings depth and clarity to details.
- System Daylight View 2 enhances colour perception with no need to turn off the lights.
- The DICOM Simulation mode.7
- Active 3D projection capability (PT-DZ21K/ DS20K).
- Waveform monitor function.
- Fine-adjustable colour temperature.
- Full 10-bit signal processing.
- Advanced technologies for excellent image quality: 3D colour management system, HD IP conversion, Digital noise reduction, Dynamic sharpness control.
Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH
RG12 8FP www.panasonic.co.uk
Tel: 01344 853855 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01344 853854 email@example.com
Tel: 01344 853698 firstname.lastname@example.org